1 minute to produce them. 20 minutes of using them.
100 years to decompose.
1. They are unnecessary
Most people do not need the use of straws at all. It may be necessary for people who have reduced mobility or with certain pathologies since it constitutes an aid in the development of the autonomy of these people. But it is not necessary that they have to be made out of PLASTIC.
2. They generate ocean pollution
For every square kilometre in the Mediterranean Sea, there are more than 40 pieces of garbage.
3. They are not biodegradable
4. Animals die or suffer serious wounds because of them.
No words needed here.
5. Plastic straws are among the top 10 residues frequently founded in the oceans.
Along with cigarette butts, takeaway food wrappers, water bottles, plastic bottle caps, plastic cutlery, and plastic bags.
6. Alternatives to plastic straws
Today there are enough alternatives for us to stop using, once and for all, the traditional straw made out of plastic.
- Straws made out of stainless steel
- Biodegradable paper