1 minute to produce them. 20 minutes of using them.
200 years to decompose.
1. THEY ARE UNNECESSARY *
Most people do not need the use of a straw at all. It may be necessary for people who have reduced mobility or with certain pathologies since it constitutes an aid in the development of the autonomy of these people. But it is not necessary that they have to be made out of PLASTIC.
2. THEY MAKE OCEAN POLLUTION
For every square kilometre in the Mediterranean Sea, there are more than 40 pieces of garbage.
3. THEY ARE NOT BIODEGRADABLE
It takes about 200 years for a straw to decompose. You, your children, the children of your children and many more generations to come, will have to continue finding straws floating in our oceans.
4. ANIMALS DIE OR SUFFER SERIOUS WOUNDS BECAUSE OF THEM. No words needed here
5. ARE AMONG THE 10 RESIDUES FOUND MORE FREQUENTLY IN THE OCEANS.
Along with cigarette butts, take-away food wrappers, water bottles, plastic bottle caps, plastic cutlery, and plastic bags.
6. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: THERE ARE ALTERNATIVES.
Today there are enough alternatives for us to stop using, once and for all, the traditional straw made out of plastic.
- Stainless steel
- Biodegradable paper