The city of Rheinsberg is located 93km north of Berlin, in the federal state of Brandenburg, next to the Rhine River. The main attraction is the Schloss Rheinsberg, which dates back to the 16th century. Enjoy a walk through its gardens and the wonderful views of the lake, it is completely free. Except for the entrance to the castle, for which you will have to pay.
Entry fee for 2020 to Schloss Rheinsberg
Entry fee to the visit to the interior of the castle:
- 10€ normal rate.
- 7€ reduced rate
- 15€ for a family rate for 2 adults and 4 children (up to 18 years old)
Opening hours for 2020 Schloss Rheinsberg
From 1.04.2020 to 31.10.2020:
- Mondays closed
- Tuesday to Sunday from 10 am to 5.30 pm
For more information about the castle, other schedules, group rates I leave the link to this website available in German and English.
If what you are looking for is something out of the ordinary or you are more of forests, bike rides, canoeing, or enjoying a refreshing swim in summer, yes, in Germany there is also summer and the sun comes out, from time to time, Rheinsberg is a destination to consider.
Lakes, forests, foxes, deers, and wild pigs. Those are the animals that you will find in the surroundings of this small location. Tranquillity to disconnect from the big city. With young children, or not so young or with your four-legged friend.
In my opinion, Grosser Zechliner See is one of my favorite lakes. Hidden in the middle of the forest, about 13km from the city, in the municipality of Dorf Zechlin. Here there is no foreign tourism, except my dog Morrison and I. Most of it is local tourism or people who want to disconnect from the intense city life of Berlin or Hamburg.
Where to eat in Rheinsberg
- Pane e Vino: is an Italian restaurant located in the center of town. Their owners are of Italian origin, with which the food is of high quality. They have a wide menu with a wide variety of dishes and delicious homemade bread. You can learn more about them on their Facebook page.
- Ratskeller: traditional German restaurant, somewhat high in price but also with a wide menu with a specialty in asparagus when the season occurs. To take a look at their website you can click here.
Where to sleep in Rheinsberg
- Precise Resort Marina Wolfsbruch: located about 12km from Rheinsberg, in the middle of nature, surrounded by a small canal, which can be accessed by boats or “houseboats” as some Germans have. The hotel also has a spa area with several pools at different temperatures to relax after a long walk.
- Hafendorf Rheinsberg: located also on the outskirts of the city, with views of the Rheinsberg lake, a nice location for those who want to be a little more in touch with the small town.
Useful information about Rheinsberg
- Tourism website mainly in German, with some sections in English: rheinsberg.de
- Nearest bank: Sparkasse, in case you need cash. Because in Germany, in some stores and restaurants they don’t take any kind of card.
- Supermarkets in the area: Edeka, Lidl, Netto.