You should quit using your plastic toothbrush.
We should change our toothbrush every 3 or 4 months. That implies millions of plastic toothbrushes ending up in the ocean every year. By switching to a bamboo toothbrush, you will contribute to keeping our oceans clean.
Reasons to change to a bamboo toothbrush
- Less toothbrushes will end up in the oceans, so fewer animals will be affected.
- The cultivation of bamboo does not contaminate as much as plastic does.
- They are biodegradable and some of them even compostable.
- Your bristles are also recyclable.
- We reduce plastic production and environmental pollution.
The bamboo toothbrushes that I can recommend are from the following 3 brands. I’m sure that your country also has some other brands for bamboo toothbrushes. Just give them a try!
By clicking on the name you can access the web and take a look at the different prices and models.
How to recycle a bamboo toothbrush
And last but not least. As nylon bristles cannot go to organic trash, it is necessary to separate the bristles from the handle of the brush and discard it in normal garbage. The bamboo’s handle brushes are completely biodegradable and can be placed along with organic trash.